The Gonzaga Campus is a community of people (Jesuits, teachers, non-teaching staff, students, parents, educators) who share a lifestyle and an educational style, who “live” in a shared space and pursue a great dream: to renew the world!
It has been strongly integrated into the cultural and religious tradition of the city of Palermo for a hundred years and it aims to be an educational innovation: a place of comprehensive formation an education where children and young people can fully live the different dimensions of their growth: cultural, physical, social and spiritual.
Founded in 1919 by Jesuits priests and part of the Foundation “Gesuiti Educazione”, it is inspired by St. Ignazio di Loyola’s pedagogical principles, based on the centrality and uniqueness of the individual. It also leads everyone to shape a better life together with the other and to become an active protagonist of an inclusive and fraternal society, capable of generating justice, development and work.
A wide educational offer – and at the same time structured in a rich and varied way, composed by a general framework of paths and activities involving students and educators throughout the year:
- The School: Kindergarten, Primary, Middle School and High School (High School specializing in classical studies, four-year High School specializing in classical studies, High School specializing in science education, High School specializing in science education and sports, S.T.E.M – Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics High School).
- International School Palermo – Pre-school, Primary School, Middle School and High School (the only international school in the South of Italy, authorized by the International Baccalaureate Organization to issue the diploma IB)
- The Polisportiva: afternoon sport activities in line with the academic path (soccer, basketball, volleyball, tennis, rhythmic gymnastics and chess).
The Gonzaga Campus provides for a different school time organization, by including also afternoon activities with an innovative concept of school, as an environment and time tailored to the students, source of continuous cultural and educational stimuli, with organizational models of education, suited to the new learning needs.
- Spiritual animation and group activities
- School psychology service
- Cultural activities and international projects
- Internal canteen service
- Wide green spaces dedicated to play and social activities
- Modern sports facilities
- Scientific, musical and artistic clubs
- Auditorium and chapel open to the public.